What is Accident Protector?
Accident Protector is a first line of cover insurance policy and is underwritten by Prosperity Lifecare Insurance Limited. Accident Protector offers policyholders peace of mind in a life or death situation.
What does it cover?
This policy provides cover in the event of a motor vehicle accident, injury on duty or emergency transportation by road or air. This includes hospital medical treatment resulting from a reported motor vehicle accident or injury on duty.
Why do I need this?
If you are an employer or travel a lot for your living this could–quite literally–be a lifesaver. It is estimated that there are approximately 11,310 serious injuries in Namibia due to accidents every year. The cost of these fatalities and serious injuries add up to a terrifying $1,200 million. The age range for the vast majority of injuries (73%) is in the economically productive age group of 15 to 64 years old. Interestingly men are most likely to being in serious accidents with the 15 – 49 year olds being the most vulnerable.
Why be insured? What are the risks?
As these frightening figures show, motor vehicle accidents and their consequences should not be taken lightly. The risks are simply too high—being in need of superior medical care in your most distressing moments and being unable to receive it. If you do receive care from private services the costs are great and you may suffer major setbacks from that follow your recovery.
What is the cover you receive?
The accident protector insures up to N$ 1,000,000 per family and N$ 500,000 per person. It includes the following services:
Hospital insurance cover for motor vehicle accidents (MVA) and injury on duty:
- Private hospital (including medicines, materials, hospital apparatus and 7 days take out medication) (part of sum insured)
- Accommodation in general ward, high care or ICU on clinical approval (part of sum insured)
- Provincial hospitals (including medicines, materials, hospital apparatus and 7 days take out medication) (part of sum insured)
- Consultations including treatment, procedures and all services (part of sum insured)
- Blood transfusion (part of sum insured)
- Radiology including specialised Radiology & Pathology (part of sum insured)
Accidental death benefit
Payout of N$10 000 per person
EMS ASSIST – Emergency evacuation and rescue services
- Emergency evacuation to the nearest recommended medical facility in the event of a Motor Vehicle Accident (MVA) or Injury on Duty (IOD) road and/or air within the territory
- EMS will provide emergency medical transportation by road and/or air ambulance, under appropriate medical supervision, to the nearest recommended medical facility capable of providing adequate care for the nature of the trauma sustained in the motor vehicle accident or as a result of Injury on Duty.
What is the cost?
The monthly premium ranges from N$174 to N$412 and can include as many as five dependents.